Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Tax Time

I made my yearly pilgrimage to Turbo Tax to pay my dues to the most complicated tax system in the history of the Earth last night. Yeah before the teen show rehearsal which will not be a subject today of this blog.

The IRS, well what can you say now that hasn't been said for decades before? I'm a rank amateur when it comes to criticizing this giant behemoth with all of its intricate tendrils. I'm so for a simpler tax code. This progressive tax system is a genuine monster that brings misery to the multitudes and benefits no one.

Yes I do enjoy the federal interstate system, yes I do enjoy the protection and security of our military, no I'd rather be in charge of my own retirement instead of social security, no I don't care about the various government departments that are just layers upon layers of bureaucracy. Yes I'd vote for anyone who made it their priority to gut the tax code and make it fair for everyone.

The tax code now has become so ingrained into our culture that it would be difficult if not impossible to sever the many limbs of discontent it has grown. The roots go for generations, the branches will stretch for many future generations.

Last year I had extra taken out for federal and state. I hate paying at the end of the year. Yes I know the wise CPA will tell you that if you break even at the end of the year is the best result however I paid extra in. I look at it a little differently, it's kind of a savings account you can't touch for an entire year.

Maybe it's not right but that's how I do it. Well off to work I go!

No comments: