Saturday, April 24, 2010

Busy Day Behind And Ahead

Yesterday was busier than I expected and I watched as much of one channel as possible to see my commercial and yet it did not happen. I learned that every single show on that channel during the day is a Judge X show.

Daytime TV sucks. There is nothing on worth watching and if it had not been for the large amount of work, including an unexpected trip to the dump, I would have gone to DVR'd shows.

Alas I watched and watched Judge So and So met out TV justice to people with disagreements. I kept mental notes on the commercials though and I feel that I can do any daytime TV commercial there with the exception of a couple of the more wealthy car dealerships who had some CGI happening. Everything else was simple stills, some stock footage, and an announcer. I feel I have a massive leg up on those announcers though as I have Skate on retainer, his booming voice will be gracing area commercials for a long time to come!

Today will start off with a breakfast before hopping one block over to the expo center for the rest of the day. I'll have Beersnob with me all day for conversation and sales while I'm not much of a talker in person. Now if I were able to type out a sales pitch in real time, that's a different story.

The Date will be there to help us with the customer side of things for a while before heading to a charity event that Thing 2 has been working on for the past two weeks. Thing 2 has been an AD (assistant director in theatre lingo) for the first time for the teem program. Today they will do their well done and well rehearsed show for an event to benefit underprivileged youth.

I'll be getting out of the home show this evening. It'll be a long long day ahead. If I get bored I might blog about weird things I've seen at the show:)

No comments: