Saturday, April 03, 2010

My Day With Lynda

Yes Lynda.com is on my slate today.
I subscribed to Lynda after work yesterday. I went through nine chapters of Essential After Effects tutorials before bed. I've got another thirteen chapters to get through today before moving onto the advanced tutorials.

Lynda is a software learning site. They teach you complex software titles in a relatively short amount of time for twenty five dollars per month. A bargain compared to the slower progress in a classroom.

However fast this may be and yes it will get me through the current commercials I'm doing I still would prefer a mentor I can learn from and ask questions to. There are lots of projects out there that I might have to do that just aren't covered here.

I want to get better at this program, upgrade it and master the next version as well. I'm going to be a great editor and I'm going to make this business work. Beersnob is back in town as he safely arrived home Thursday. He will be assisting soon and I want to be able to get him up to speed on what and how to edit.

That will be the biggest help to me, to have two people who are capable of taking a client's request, shooting it, editing it, and giving back a finished, polished product that they will love.

So no World of Warcraft today unless I finish the Expo commercial. I'm using that as a reward system for myself. Business before pleasure. After I deliver a solid commercial to my client then I'll treat myself with a few quests with the guild, Skate, Teehee, Bobo, and the others.

No comments: