Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's Airing!

On local cable channels the commercial is airing! I feel like a massive weight has been lifted from me now that I know I have taken a commercial from nothing but notes to a completed project that airs on TV.

It's really a pretty nice feeling and I know that my skills will get better over time as more clients come to have commercials made for them. Tonight will be full of working on the Marketing company spot in Premiere Pro as I just don't have the skill yet to accomplish their vision as they laid out to me in After Effects.

I tried everything I knew how to do to find a mentor to ask questions to but no one seems to have any kind of professional level skill with the program sadly. I went through the Lynda tutorials and while it was excellent and helped me get a great grasp on the program what was required in this spot wasn't anything they covered.

In a few months I'll be able to pull it off but now, well I'm not there yet. I need more practice to make it work well.

Alright if you are tired of this type of stuff, scroll down a little bit more and read about the squirrel adventure at work yesterday! It was a double post day and in case you missed it, it was fun!

No comments: