Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Great Squirrel Hunt

So there I was in my shop working away when Bub, ling time readers will recall him from a previous story, opened the door and called me, my coworker, and our supervisor to his office to search for a squirrel that was allegedly under Bub's desk.

After a thorough search of the area we concluded that Bub had been hallucinating as no squirrel had been located.

The teasing commenced.

While we all knew that it was possible for a squirrel to find it's way into the building and possible that said squirrel could find it's way to Bub's office and hide under his desk it was simply more fun to tease Bub.

I mean where is the fun in upholding a search for a possible squirrel and be serious about it?

Lunch time came and still no squirrel. I cane to my area to find Bub in our office and again talk of the squirrel came up as the teasing started again. Good natured and Bub was laughing as well:)

I decided to fill up my water bottle from the drinking fountain in the hall when what do I see? A squirrel dashing back and forth down the long hallway searching for a way out!

I yelled for all of my colleagues to join me in the hall to witness the found and not imaginary squirrel. The task quickly dawned on us, "how do we safely remove the squirrel from the building without injuring us or it?"

I ran down the hallway shutting doors to cut off escape from the furry invader and by the time I got the big door open it had changed course to the opposite end of the hall. Squirrels being simple minded can't see a massive opening behind them and three coworkers in front of it trying their best to get it to run back to the huge open door.

Instead it runs right by them as they all leap out of the way like little girls of the ferocious beast, a baby squirrel. Yes dear readers, it was a baby squirrel.

The chase commenced to head into another shop with a small crack under the door. This surprised everyone in the shop as they quickly joined in containing the baby squirrel.

The baby squirrel darted behind some cabinets and we gently moved them out and a fearless squirrel hunter with a cardboard box stood at one end while I stood at the other to direct the squirreling into the box.

I made noise, the squirrel went as planned into the box and we closed the top slowly as not to startle the ferocious beast.

We then returned it safely to the outside world as a very smug Bub enjoyed not being crazy.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: