Monday, April 05, 2010

Finished!

I'll take the proofs over to her after work and she can tear into them. She forgot to send me a sponsor's logo so she emailed it to me while I was there picking up the tropical music she picked out. I gave her a frame by frame breakdown of what this commercial looks like and why I did what I did. She wanted a ton of information in thirty seconds, I mean a ton.

The commercial from last year used a steady background and placed the information all around it, they used small pictures, I'm using individual backgrounds and the pictures are full screen. There isn't as much information being thrown at you at a time but you can turn the volume off and get the full message. The sponsor's logos are much bigger than last year's commercial and the main thing she wanted highlighted has three individual title cards.

I saw a commercial that a California firm had done for her recently and she explained how she didn't like it. I thought it was pretty good, the graphics were clean and sharp, the backgrounds were bright, it was a nice commercial other than a gaff that had the same picture on the screen twice.

I came home, nearly ready for a heart attack when The Date told me that it wouldn't matter what I'd do for any commercial she wanted she wouldn't like it and would find something bad about it. Oddly enough that made me feel better.

This will be a commercial that after a year of doing this, I'll look back on and see how crude it is. My skills will grow and I'll get better so I know I've got a lot of room for improvement.

Thank you Skate for doing the voice over. It was golden! Your tones shall grace many future commercials in this area:)

No comments: