Sunday, April 25, 2010

Now That Was A Day!

I got up at six AM, got all showered, blogged, and ready for breakfast. The Date got up followed by Thing 2. We headed out to meet Beersnob, we were naturally early because the girls were hungry and yet we waited anyway as I knew Beersnob would be about five to ten minutes later than the agreed upon time.

We ate and I came home to take the girls back and get my vendor pass. I arrived back at the booth and Beersnob has already set everything up and is ready for the day. About ten minutes there he gets a call from Mrs. Beersnob about their hot water tank leaking out of the garage and into the driveway. Ironic as that happened to us a very short time ago. So he heads home to take care of that for a short while.

The home show went well. I stayed mostly at the booth as people ignored me in droves. The ShamWow guy is next to me (not Vince Offer but an associate) the other booth is a nonprofit for senior citizens. The ShamWow guy has a long haired chihuahua in the booth with him, very friendly dog who just sits there and adores all of the attention it garners from the passers by.

Just around the corner and a couple of booths down is the county democratic women's association and I kept thinking about how cool it would be to be located next to them. Alas that didn't happen though. Beersnob had a great time walking around and talking to local vendors, he was truly in his element and loved doing it!

He can talk to anyone and have a grand conversation which is one of the many reasons I like him so well. Around one thirty I leave to go to the charity show that Thing 2 has been intern directing for. It went very very well. The cast was on, the crowd was lively and had fun, it was just a great event and hopefully raised a lot of money for the underprivileged youth.

I returned to the show and Beersnob reported how many people he had talked to and laid out the best prospects he had thus far. It was an exciting list of people who might call us and request our services!

We are a niche business and I really wasn't expecting business contacts to stream to the booth. We talked before hand that our business would come from the fact that we'd be walking around and talking to people who could use us.

After the show closed I took The Date a hot fudge sundae for a treat because she had a rough day. Then I came home and fired up the Egg and put on a pork shoulder for lunch today at the show.

We don't have to go in until eleven today so we'll be good and ready for some lunch when we get there. I put it on around seven thirty and pulled it off around midnight while The Date watched McLintock! The Date said it tasted Heavenly and while I do hope I can continue to cook in Heaven I doubt if I can get anything to taste that good:)

Today should be another good day but shorter as the show ends at five. That'll leave me plenty of time to decompress before going to bed and returning to the grind of weekly work tomorrow.

No comments: