Sunday, April 11, 2010

Surprised!

So there I was, about to go have a quiet drink with The Date and a couple of friends at The Blue Note after a somewhat busy day of dad stuff.

I did notice Filmmaker friend Chris's car in the parking lot but I've seen others like it so I thought, eh, not him since he doesn't drink. I knew that J and T were going to be there and I saw T's car. I walked in and a lot of my closest and dearest friends yelled, "Surprise!"

I was genuinely taken aback and it did scare me a bit! They did their jobs perfectly! Jamal was the lookout who was giving, Red, Hollywood Actor, J, T, and Filmmaker friend Chris the signal. After a few minutes Skate and The Invader showed up followed by Teehee, and later still by Beersnob, and Mrs. Beersnob.

I got hugs all around, wonderful birthday wishes, and had a wonderful time! I honestly thought my 40th was done and over with after the water heater incident. I was good with that as I don't particularly like attention much less the center of attention.

We all hung out until midnight at least so this lasted a good four hours!

In other news Prom Night happened successfully. Thing 1 actually got home before curfew. Thing 2 had a school function to attend in another town so I dropped her off and picked her up for that.

And that was my day!

No comments: