Monday, June 28, 2010

And The Show Closes

A relaxing day was topped off by the final performance of Shakespeare in the Park. First a call from one of the audience members to the police about drinking in the audience started the evening. It was quickly resolved with a stage announcement about drinking was allowed if you had a permit from the city which cost a mere five dollars.

Then the threat of a storm which was bearing down hard on us and then changed course to go more east than north. We cut intermission short because of the pending downpour but it was unnecessary after all. It looked bad on the radar at the time though.

After the show closed for the final time we loaded up the truck to take everything to storage until things are needed for dinner theatre. A small incident happened and just to set the record straight here is what happened and why.

Mr. Bakerball and I were moving a heavy trunk full of cables. Big Toddler came roaring down the ramp with another case full of sound equipment, oblivious of the fact he was running into Mr. Bakerball, our case, and everything else. I said be careful we aren't ready yet to move. Big Toddler told me to calm down, which I wasn't upset nor yelling at him. Mr. Bakerball and I got the case moved inside in which I then heard Big Toddler comment that I should act like a grownup for the first time.

The Date was standing right next to him and started to lay into him as I turned on my heels and was in his face and grabbed him by the shoulders very quickly. I turned on my death stare and asked him what he said. He didn't reply. I asked him again what he said. Then my friends were grabbing me and pulling me back to seemingly keep the Big Toddler alive.

Big Toddler has belittled many people in the cast for doing jobs not up to his rather poor standards. He is arrogant and again oblivious as he has little to no social skills. He is rude and believes because of his size he can get away with things. He stood maybe three inches taller than I and has me by fifty pounds but turned into a speechless idiot when confronted by a modicum of force.

Regardless I was in complete control of my actions and the anger wasn't real but someday if he didn't learn a lesson about shutting his mouth he might encounter someone without the self control I have. Someone with an explosive temper who will not stop at a mere grabbing of his shirt. Someone who will administer a severe beating upon his person and not be as gentle as I.

Hopefully he will learn but I doubt it.

No comments: