Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Busy Tuesday

The night shifters were both on vacation and my co-worker was off with a family medical situation leaving only myself to work everything. It started early and I got gradually behind as more came in causing me to work almost two hours of overtime.

That'll be enough to make up for my union dues on the next check though making it a full payday. Regardless it was a full day and I was dead tired upon arriving home.

Thing 2 had made spaghetti! She did a good job too actually. It lacked garlic but we were out so I really can't blame that on her at all but the flavor was good. The noodles were good, and for her first attempt at feeding us it was a success!

The footage I shot for the Marketing Company was finally usable. It took me a long time to figure it out but I did. The Company uses the Mac platform and for some reason only known to the computers they couldn't watch a .mpg file which is like the most common format on the planet for video files. DVDs are .mpg2 so that might tell you how common the format is.

So I tried a few things over the past few weeks and finally just encoded everything in the .mov format which is Apple and it worked. I believe they just don't have the correct codecs on their machines to run such a common file but oh well. This is a paying job and its my job to get them the files in a format they can use.

I have a meeting set up tomorrow night for another project. I'm looking forward to that! Hopefully I can wrap up the storm shelter project Saturday. That company is the hardest to get hold of and get something scheduled with. They have been so busy that they just don't have the time for promotional things and I really want to get them finished so I can get some room for other projects.

No comments: