Saturday, August 21, 2010

Draft Day Part One

I'll have this pre-draft post and a post draft...um...post. The draft starts at nine this morning to accommodate our overseas owners, and so we all have time to get ready for the Charlie Awards tonight.

The annual award show that the theatre holds to honor its own and the best shows and performances this year.

The pulled pork turned out ok, not great. I got a little bit too much salt in the rub mixture so I cut off most of the bark. The meat is good but I like the bark and that's where a lot of the flavor and texture difference comes in.

It's good, not great and I've done a lot better. Tomorrow I'm making ribs for T and J. That's only a four hour process and I enjoy doing it:) I just love cooking for people, it's a good time, it's work, but it's fun.

I've got to stop by the store this morning and get some buns, bbq sauce, and maybe pickles cause I like pickled on my pulled pork sandwiches. Then it's all about the draft!!!!!

I'm keeping Tom Brady and Calvin Johnson this year from last year's team. I'm going to get an auction pick and then will come the fourth round! The auction round! Everyone had a lot of fun last year with the auction so we decided to keep it this year and figure out how to make it work.

Part two will be posted in a few hours.

No comments: