Monday, August 02, 2010

A Fine Starcraft Sunday!

I did almost nothing Sunday but play Starcraft with my 2V2 partner Abostang. At first upon getting the game neither of us won much. In fact after we got seeded in the league we are in we had a stretch of eight straight losses.

Yesterday at one point we won eight out of eleven in a seven hour stretch of games! I know this because I had Skype open in my second monitor and could see the exact duration of play time. The last four games were plagued with disconnects so we wound up one out of four but the last game was a win.

I wanted to go to bed with a win. That's what we did. We've got a pretty good Protoss/Zerg strategy going. Early Ling pressure followed by hopefully an unexpected Void Ray attack on the back side of their bases. Our goal is to take out the workers which cripple their economy.

We accomplish that and we usually win, we fail and we lose. There were a couple of times that we did do that and still lost. Haven't quite figured out why but they seemed to have expansion bases up or had built way faster than expected. We had great early pressure going but they had a strong economy going I guess and wound up with a ton of Siege Tanks, Marines, and they even had a Mothership. We weren't able to handle that amount of forces.

Abostang has got the fast expand down really well though and if the early Ling pressure doesn't cripple them then he expands and builds for the midgame. We've definitely had a lot of improvement in our game so far, and by the end of the week we'll be way better!

Out of our league of one hundred we are ranked either twenty third or twenty first. We got as high as seventeen yesterday. That's pretty good out of one hundred teams but we are looking to advance to a better league. I'm content with our league now as we do need to improve and we are.

Oh I forgot, I did do the dishes around eight thirty last night. I know its not The Date's favorite thing to do but since she purchased Starcraft for me and I had that much fun yesterday with it, it was the least I could do to show her I love her:)

We'll see what the games bring tonight!

No comments: