Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Comic Strips

More and more I turn to the comics in the paper than any other part of it. The world news is seemingly spinning out of control. The EU has banned Iranian oil, there will be a standoff at the Straits of Hormuz, our political race seems to have come down to an adulterer and a cold moderate for President, and who knows about the future crisis that always seem to pop up.

My strategy? Spend all additional cash on the lottery and buy an island somewhere peaceful and away from the political madmen running the world. They turn everything good into everything bad, with a stroke of a pen they can impose more regulations and restrictions on a place they've never been to in their lives and effect families they never knew existed nor wanted to know.

So comic strips are what you should read in the paper. They'll brighten your day a little bit although our local paper has removed Dilbert for some reason. That was my go to strip everyday! Well I do enjoy Gasoline Alley but I've read that forever. Slim Skinner has to be one of the dumbest men alive! I do enjoy the simplicity of Mutts, it's hard to be thoughtful and simple.

I could do without a few and I'd replace Born Loser with Pearls Before Swine, and I'd dump Marvin for Get Fuzzy. Maybe throw in a couple of others here and there and I could design the perfect comic page! Perhaps I've missed my calling.

No comments: