Monday, January 09, 2012

New Week

Last week was a short week with the holidays and all wrapping up. This week is the first real work week of the new year. Five days at work, three more at Walmart and then I'm off from Walmart until the weekend. I'm liking the Thursday and Friday nights off schedule. It's nice and it helps give me something to look forward to each week.

This morning is a bit brisk out, it's been a mild winter thus far. I hope it stays that way since last winter was harsh and very cold and wet. Perhaps our summer will be mild as well since last summer was also very harsh and dry.

Today I'm in a pretty good mood, got lots of sleep last night. I was worn out! Hollywood Actor came over and I helped him with his laptop. There was a malicious program on it that had to come off. Crime Writer came over as well because I made lasagna and that's one of his favorite dishes that I make. So we had a houseful and I cooked! There's a lot of joy for me in cooking for others. It makes me happy and since everyone has to eat then I can make a lot of people out there happy in the right circumstances!

It won't be long before I'll be able to cook one night a week for friends again! The Date is job hunting today and I've got a great feeling she's going to find a good job before long! Her dad is doing better and will be getting out of the hospital this week. She's been handling all of his affairs and that's taken up a lot of her time. Now it's almost over and he'll be settled back into his home late this week.

Now it's time for me to head to work, I'll be back home a bit after ten tonight. Long day but these long days are nearly at an end:)

No comments: