Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mozart And Onions

So there I was last night, culling onions and pretty angry actually. I didn't want to be at work last night, some genius manager had scheduled four of us for most of the night which meant everything was done before I even got to work. That means a looonnggg night for me.

So I took my iPhone and pulled up WunderRadio and started looking for radio stations to play to take my mind off of my circumstances for the evening. I found a classical station from LA called KMozart or something similar. There wasn't a Thunder game on to listen to so I said what the heck. Phone in my shirt pocket and Mozart's Second Piano Concerto was on. At least I think that's what the announcer said. Anyway it started and it really wasn't long before I could feel things relaxing a bit.

The job at hand didn't seem so rough anymore. Before long my imagination was soaring away and up into the stratosphere, taking me away from the onions, the rotten onions, and the thousands of onion skins I was cleaning out of a big bin.

I really don't have an appreciation of classical music. I don't know a D Minor from a Coal Miner. What I know though is that last night, in a night that really didn't want to end, Mozart helped me through it and got me home to my family:)

In other news The Date got a major role in another show at the Theatre! I'm proud of her!

No comments: