Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My First Friday

Meaning tonight is the last night of the work week I go to Walmart. I'm glad, it's wearing me thin lately. It goes from insanely busy which makes the shift go by fast to a ghost town which makes five hours a night seem like fifty.

There is some kind of regional inspection today, blah blah blah. The managers were working when I left to get things the way they think they want the other managers to see them. They'll run around like a chicken with their heads cut off putting up displays and moving pallets of food from one section to another. What would happen if there was an unannounced walk through? They'd really start to sweat then.

Oh well, it is what it is. Getting paid every week is a huge help and the work is easy enough although sometimes frustrating. I'm settled in pretty much now and it's easier than it was at the beginning.

No comments: