Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Eragon Balboa

Alright here is what is what in my world today. I got up this morning after it raining all night and being noisy. It was actually pretty nice, I had my bedroom window open all night to really enjoy the sounds and smell of a fresh rain as well as the nice breeze.

So I get up and the power flickered a bit but didn't go out. My PC hadn't rebooted itself so I knew that the power had been on all night but for some reason I had nearly no water pressure. So I showered off but it took a while and was less than satisfying but serviceable.

I was just grateful I had power and running water:)

So I call the City to come up and investigate so I took off at 1:15 to try to meet them at the house and on the way home I picked up Rocky Balboa and Eragon. I make it home and the City was no where in site but I tried the water and it worked fine at full pressure again. Weird but I'm happy it runs and has some power behind it:)

So I pop in Rocky Balboa and even though the movie used the same formula it was enjoyable. It had its inspiring moments and its heartfelt "Rocky" moments as well as the work out montage that gets you all excited before the big fight. It was a satisfying ending to the franchise that delivered more than Rocky V did.

I really can't write about it much. I mean the formula is the same, Rocky is faced with a problem, exercises enough to overcome the problem, credits roll. Amazingly though you still feel pretty good about it even though you know what happens.

Eragon is pretty good. The real gems of this movie for me though were Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich. Anything these two brilliant actors are in I love to see. They just make any movie better and have few equals in their skill.

The movie felt rushed though. I mean I am sure any fantasy movie is going to feel rushed after the Lord of the Rings epic, super long, marathon trilogy so it is probably not a fair comparison. However it can't be helped since Eragon decided to play in the fantasy genre.

So it was a good day, water is full strength, two good movies, and it was cool outside with the occasional sprinkle, my You Tube project has had a nice amount of viewers as well and it seems to be picking up steam!!!!

Rock on!

No comments: