Friday, March 09, 2007

The You Tube Project

Has begun.

I won't post a link here, well not for a while yet.
First because it is a dark project....to start with. Not dark like it was poorly lit, dark in tone, mood, and material. While that isn't a bad thing because I know how it ends, it'll get darker though.

Second because I want to see how it does on its own without the support of my friends who want to see me on camera. Yeah that's right its me because I had a very difficult time finding an actor who wanted to deal with some uncomfortable material. However because it is me I have also put a face blur over my head since I am camera shy. I also modified my voice a bit as well.
Chianti isn't a fan of watching herself on video and I can honestly say neither am I and it might be worse hearing myself.

The other reason for the face blur is that I want the viewers to think of this character as someone who might just be the person next door to them or someone they see at work or someone they see while grocery shopping. You'll understand when I eventually post the link and see what the story is about. The character can be anyone since there is no face to connect them, it is up to the viewer to put a name and face on him.

Anyway this is going to be the first of a year long project. I hope to add a new episode every couple of weeks. Since I am the only one that I have to rely on that means that if it doesn't happen then it is my own fault. So if I can get twenty six episodes out of this project I'd be very happy and it would exceed my expectations.

Keep in mind that this is also FICTION, a creation of my own imagination and nothing else it does have real overtones, there are some real facts mixed in about me and what I see on the web. It will hopefully come off as real, that is my goal. I want people to wonder if it is a real person, someone who is really contemplating the things that this character is contemplating and as a result that they will start to look at what is around them in a new way.
Maybe a more compassionate way.

Anyway as long as You Tube doesn't ban this project and take it down it should be a very powerful piece of art.

No comments: