Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lost Boys Of Sudan

This was a pretty good documentary. I really enjoyed it quite a bit.
The gist of it is that Sudan Christians were under attack by Muslims and thousands of families were slaughtered and many people were put into refugee camps.

The US government allowed many of these refugees into the US for the promise of a new life and a new start. They contracted with the YMCA to help these refugees start their new lives by paying their rent for the first four months, giving them some basic skills, some spending money, basic things like that.

The group's home was Houston, Texas. The documentary follows them for nearly two years. I don't want to spoil it so I'll leave it there since if I go deeper into the story it will spoil it. It is a wonderful story though, made more so since it is real.

I made the third episode of the You Tube project and posted it this evening. Traffic is actually starting to build! I'm encouraged that it will be a success and I look forward to when there are millions of people watching it:)

This project is really going somewhere! I admit this is more of a end justifying the means message but it is a good one!

No comments: