Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Back To Work

The past four days have reminded me that I really need to find a good hobby or something to do during the day when I retire in twelve years. Yeah I'm sure that the commercial business will take up a lot of my time but I'm fairly certain that my original plan of watching The Flintstones all day will not suffice.

This weekend was particularly bad for doing something outside as we got hurricane rain all morning yesterday and then again in the early evening. Nonstop, not hard but persistent, and a lot of it.

I'm looking forward to getting this day started so I can get it done though. Haven't seen my coworkers in four and a half days and even though sometimes we hung out there is still a weird classification that is in between friend and colleague.

A few came to my wedding, the same few who went to all of the Storm games with me when there was a league. We are familiar with each other as we spend eight hours plus a day together. We like each other. It's not a big deal to call one another off work hours from time to time.

Yet still they have a social circle of friends that I'm a stranger to, as well as I do. They would have been ill at ease at Jamal's fantastic party Saturday evening. They wouldn't have known anyone save The Date and I. So it's weird on how to classify them properly but to say it's a blending of both.

I know several shops who don't get along at all and only come to work to irritate each other. In fact one shop in particular is only happy after they have made everyone else in the shop mad on a daily basis. I'd hate to be there, it is a miserable place to work and they are miserable people, which oddly makes them happy.

No comments: