Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Boycott Update

Abdel Baset al-Megrahi has outlived the expert's predictions he would kick off in three months. In fact he has nearly lived a year longer than he should. He was released August 20th, 2009 because of his terminally ill prostate cancer.

Megrahi was the soul terrorist convicted for the Lockerbie bombing attack which murdered over two hundred and fifty people. Since his compassionate release I've boycotted scotch whisky. Yes I've gone nearly a year next month without a drink of scotch.

I've got a brand new bottle setting on my counter as payment for a special job I did at work and one on the way, untouched by my hands, lips, or liver.

Megrahi could very well live a very long time, my boycott will come to an end though. My personal boycott had no effect at all on the country of Scotland. I didn't believe it would, it was just a personal thing and only those who know me know about it, other than the loyal readers of this blog.

I've not determined an end date for my boycott however it will be soon. Scotland seriously mishandled a known terrorist and freed him back into the world. Megrahi is a mass murderer and deserved to die for his crimes, not be released back to his home country for medical reasons.

I suspect the boycott will expire long before Megrahi does sadly.

1 comment:

Charles said...

Poor Blu.

Mr Megrahi was never a terrorist. He was stitched up by the CIA, the FBI and MI5