Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Morning!

Yeah it's payday but I've also been very busy this morning. I have been editing the shoot from last night at Blue Jay's Barber Shop where they specialize in old fashioned straight razor shaves with the whole atmosphere to go with it! It's really pretty unique and was fascinating to film.

After filming that last night I did tech for Third Thursday which is an acoustic guitar show at the theatre every month. Packed room and good performers as well! It was a nice time.

This morning Thing 2 and I went back out to Lowe's to get more compost and tomato trellises. We've got the second garden full now and some plants planted. When it cools off we'll finish planting and get the third garden filled. We are planting started tomatoes, okra, bell peppers, banana peppers, and we'll get some beans planted for winter.

I believe she got sweet potatoes as well but I can't quite remember. We are too late in the season for many crops that we use a lot of like onions and potatoes and such. That'll be next year but soon enough we'll be able to plant garlic! I use a ton of that when I cook so it'll be very useful!

All in all we have gone with three 4x4 by 8 inch gardens and let me tell you it's a lot of work building them and filling them in this hot sun! It was ninety eight yesterday and it'll be a little over one hundred today! We'll get them wrapped up pretty soon though and really that's the hardest part of this style of gardening. After this it's just crop rotation and harvesting! Easy enough!

No comments: