Friday, June 03, 2011

Here's Why I Got Married

I was going to blog about the economy again and the food stamp program. I've thought of a local solution that would help people off of food stamps and not with any government help at all but I'll save that for another day. Our county has one in five residents on food stamps right now and that's pretty high to me, it's a tragedy in fact. So stay tuned for another post on the matter in the coming days!

Now I want to congratulate my wife and T on getting parts in the upcoming season opener, The Dixie Swim Club. It's directed by CC who has a reputation of putting on a good show and she runs a tight ship. You'll feel you've accomplished something by the time you are finished with the show.

Yesterday was rough on me. I see medical bills piling up from Thing 1's hospital trip and I see the income stream coming in and they don't match up. I was pretty down yesterday and didn't know what to do about it really so The Date and I had a long texting conversation (texting because I was at work and pretty busy on top of it all) she assured me it was going to be ok. Things are just things and stuff is just stuff and it's not important as being together.

So this morning I get up to a very loving and encouraging note that has made my month. I want to preserve it on my blog because I feel it is that important.

Good morning my dear husband!
Nothing in life would be worth struggling for if you weren't in my life. Everything we do takes us forward, even if it seems backwards. When I feel lost, beat down, and consumed by failures, all I need do is curl up in your arms and instantly nothing in the world seems that important. A house isn't a home without love. No matter what house it is. I would live here the rest of my life as long as I knew you'd be with me and love me the way you do. All I want is to see you smile and laugh. I want to grow old together and do puzzles and watch our grandbabies grow like weeds. And when those days arrive, none of these hard days will even be remembered. It's just stuff, it's only money, and it all wears out, gets old, gets spent, falls apart and vanishes from memory. Love and time together sticks like gum to the heart. I remember songs my mother sang to me, things she did with me, not all the things we had. We'll get through this hard spot just like we have all the other hard spots. As long as I have you, I can do anything. I can never thank you enough for all that you do. I'm sorry for being so hard on you about things I know you have no control over. You are my confidant, the only one I trust, and I never mean to burden you. I can't remember what life felt like before you and I never want to know again how to live without you. God didn't forget me - he gave me you.
Love you with all of me - "The Date"

So that's it folks, that's the reason I got married to this wonderful woman. Now tonight she is going to sing in Cabaret along with Court and Red, I've heard their set and it's darn good! Looking forward to it tonight babe and I hope to see my friends there as well!

No comments: