Saturday, June 25, 2011

Long Day

I've got to go to one of the events I really don't like going to and that's a wedding today. Yeah it's a happy time for the couple and all that but for me it means sitting in uncomfortable clothes and trying to keep from either dozing off or staying away from the family drama that always seems to ensue during these events.

After the wedding and trip back to town we have Shakespeare to go to. I missed opening night as my day was more stressful than most while I was at work but I'll be there tonight to cheer on The Date and Thing 2.

After this day I'll be done for the short evening that remains. I've been adapting myself to taste wines lately. I've never been a wine drinker at all but I've read of some of the helpful benefits of a glass of red wine a day. When it comes to hypertension or high blood pressure which I have the gene for then I'm willing to develop my taste for red wine. Wednesday I turned on the WunderRadio app on my iphone, plugged it into the speaker/holder, and listened to the radio while cooking with a glass of red.

Apparently there are a lot of differences in red wine, I happened to have picked up two table wines that had screw tops but I liked the bottles. More than likely I'll be picking my reds by how cool the bottle looks on the rack rather than taste, kind, or brand name.

It wasn't as hard as I thought to drink a glass either. Yeah it tasted a bit sour to start with but once you established the taste and determined it wasn't scotch whiskey then it was easier to recalibrate yourself to a glass. What I need right now is something that is relaxing after work and that's cooking and sipping a glass of wine in the kitchen.

Last night I did have three glasses though but as I said it was a particularly stressful day.

No comments: