Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Hearing Day

This morning we have a preliminary hearing on the adoption of The Things. It's going to be a good thing and then I don't know the process but I'm guessing they will set the final court date after this.

It'll be nice to remove the "step" from stepfather. Thing 1 is on the fence about it at times but Thing 2 has been using my name since before The Date and I were married. The ex has literally disappeared and not even the lawyer can find him now. He's quit paying child support the last six weeks and since he's 92k behind I don't think he plans on paying for anymore.

I've read stories of men being put in jail for a fraction of that amount. This guy has slipped through the system for years now. It's really strange that he hasn't wound up in prison yet but it's imminent. This is a bed he's been making for years and soon he's going to be sleeping in it for 5-10 more.

It's really a shame that he has no interest in them. Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's gone, most likely for good and this 92 thousand dollar debt will haunt him for his entire life which is deserved and self inflicted.

Any hope for a better life will always be haunted by this until it is cleared up, and it likely never will be. It'll start growing exponentially by a state imposed interest rate and added to weekly by two hundred and fifty dollars. I pay half that amount into my 401k every two weeks!

It's a mess but thankfully we aren't on the wrong end of it!

No comments: