Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm Off

I was nearing a breaking point at work. It was slow due to the inspection cycle and that means I had to find work to do for a couple of days this week. I decided to take off, I need a few days of rest and doing what I want to do to recharge.

Plan on making a trip to Lowe's today and getting a couple of tools, then some supplies to build our square foot gardens. I can build two 4x4x8 inch gardens and one 4x8x8inch garden for roughly one hundred dollars. That should produce enough food to supplement our grocery buying and reduce costs. We are in bad economic times right now and depending on what article you read it rivals the Great Depression in terms of economic indicators.

With at least another two years of bad coming it's time to move towards dollar stretching and square foot gardening seems the best way to go. Today is the first step! I'll get Thing 2 and we'll get this going today, she loves to be outside and loves gardening after Grandma showed her a few things last year!

The Date knows how to can and preserve foods so a portion of the gardens will be grown for future use. I want these to look pretty nice and I want Thing 2 to really enjoy doing this so it'll be fun for her and beneficial for everyone.

So today since I'm off work and tomorrow is payday we'll start our endeavor into gardening!

No comments: