Saturday, June 11, 2011

No Power X2

So after the night before and it's power problems I get to work and we are there maybe a half hour and the power to our building goes out. Then it comes back on for half the building.

Then maybe two hours later the power to EVERY building goes out and I wave the white flag and go home at noon. I get home and get Thing 2 squared away at drama camp at the theatre and come back. I decide the day is perfect for pulled pork so I find the thawed roast I had in the fridge, marinade it up, light the fire, and smoke the thing for six hours. It was a small roast so no need for the much longer smoking times that are usually required. However I did smoke it too long by maybe an hour as it was dried out in places.

Usually I cook an eight to nine pounder and that requires roughly two hours per pound to get it tender, this one was very lean and I really didn't account for the lack of fat. However by the time it was over the bark was all over and the meat, though over done, was very tasty!

Pulled the pork and added the sauce, put it on buns and supper was served!

No comments: