Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nineteen Years

Today is my nineteen year anniversary at work. Nineteen long years means that on June 15, 2022 I'm finished, I'll clock out for the last time:) I'll be fifty two and have plenty of time to pursue other things.

I'll receive full pension and after a few more years I'll start to receive my 401k. I don't kid myself about social security. It's a good program that's run its course. I'd rather have all the money kicked into it now transferred to my 401k and let my managers handle it. They've grown my retirement in these rough times well enough.

Nineteen years and I hope the roughest patches are behind me at work. I'm sure that we'll never strike again. I hope anyway, I'll likely vote against it in the future if need be.

I'll earn another full week of vacation next year as well on this date. That'll make the next...last decade go faster! I won't have to be there as much! How ironic is that?

Nineteen years, I was a young twenty two when I started. I've lived through a lot of changes at work, a lot of hoops to jump through, a lot of nonsense, and a lot of struggling. I've got it made now though, some weeks I'm super busy, some weeks not so much. Some weeks I can't catch up, some weeks I'm more than caught up. It'll be just like that for the next eleven years. I'm almost in the home stretch, almost 2/3rds done!

No comments: