Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm Just About Fed Up

If you have read my blog for any length of time you can see that I rarely talk current events unless of an entertainment nature or something similar so forgive me for this brief departure.

I'm sick of hearing about the Ramsey case in every single news outlet there is. John Mark Karr was arrested with so much hype that his flight from Thailand to America was a minute by minute story!!!! Enough is enough people!

Yes it was tragic. Very Tragic.

Yes it is still tragic however the fact remains that if this had happened to a poor minority it probably would have been filed away a long time ago and after ten years forgotten. There would be no hype around an eventual arrest.

I got so fed up with the Natalee Holloway case for the same reason. Tragic, of course it was and they have my sympathy. I hope the killer is caught and brought to justice however at the same time a girl of the same age went missing in Chicago I believe and she didn't get anywhere close to the same press coverage.

No one sat outside of their grieving parents home with cameras, broadcasting their tragic story around the world. I saw one brief interview on Fox which is the only reason I know about it. The parents were heartbroken, well just plain broken. They looked like they hadn't slept in days and days, soft spoken and thankful that someone paid attention to their grief and pain.

I do not know the result of that case nor do I remember the name of the missing girl.
I regret that.

I don't understand why one upper middle class girl is worth more than a poor Chicago girl.
I don't know why one was newsworthy and one wasn't.
I don't get it my friends.

Is it just the common injustice of the world? Maybe because one was more photogenic?

I honestly don't have an answer and I really wished I had one.

No comments: