Monday, August 07, 2006

The Mass Of Men

Lead lives of quiet desperation.

I would go further to say that for the most part we are never who we appear to be. Out of fear, out of spite, out of anger, we hide who we really are and present the world as we wish to be.

My friends if you really knew me, if you could look at my heart for two seconds you would probably find a most distasteful entity. You would find someone who tries his best to hide his inner self for fear that if someone knew who he really was that he would indeed be abandoned.

However that does not mean that even though we present ourselves in a way in which we wish to be, that we cannot be that person eventually.

That is the hope I have. That who I try to be is the person I will someday become and not the person I am inside.

Thoreau also said that, "If you would convince a man he does wrong, do right. Men will believe what they see."

I do try to be good and often fail. I try to do good but I find myself craving recognition for things that should not be recognized. I do wish to become the person I try to appear to be and not the person I am in my heart.

No comments: