Monday, August 14, 2006

My 400th Post!!!!

Well I decided to stay home today and get Adobe up and running instead of going to work.

Glad I did!

I got the project edited and did the green screen compositing. However don't get too excited yet, I couldn't find a background that I really liked. So for the time being it is temporary and just a plain blue background all around the cast.

I am going to privately post it so that the cast can see the final result once it is finished rendering but I am not going to post it for mass consumption until the background is created and properly put into place.

I am happy with the way it turned out and it is funny as I had hoped!
I do think the cast will enjoy it and see how tight it feels now. I had to cut about ten minutes out but it still tops out at over seventeen minutes in length, so it is long for a net short.

Sunday I also saw a relic from the Cold War era on TCM.

Fail-Safe.

This early 60's movie really reflected the mood of the time. When paranoia of the red threat pretty much ruled politics and other countries held their collective breath to see which side would set the world on fire first.

Henry Fonda plays the President who after a electronic glitch can't recall a bomber group on their way to bomb Moscow.

His solution is real horror when the story gets there and will probably make you gasp.

The story is dated though and for the most part many people who are not familiar with the Cold War will not get it.

It is an intense movie though and one that I'm happy to say wouldn't work today.

No comments: