Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Draft

Well folks here is my draft. I have to say this was one of the hardest drafts that I have ever been in. There didn't seem to be any blown picks early. The first three drafted were of course Shaun Alexander, LT, and LJ respectively.

I drew the fourth pick overall so Tiki Barber fell to me. I am hoping that the Giants will be the offensive juggernaut that they have the potential to be. If Tiki has a season similar to last year then my team will be a force in the league, if not then I'll be a donater to the pot this season.

Here is my full draft in order:
R1-4: Tiki Barber
R2-9: Torry Holt
R3-1: Randy Moss
R4-12: Laurence Maroney
R5-12: T.J. Duckett
R6-1: Reggie Brown
R7-11: Marc Bulger
R8-2: Muhsin Muhammad
R9-11: Brad Johnson
R10-2: Cinncinati D
R11-11: Denver D
R12-2: Sebastian Janikowski
R13-8: Josh Scobee

So as you can see we repick every other round in the draft. It makes things a little bit more interesting and can also make things a bit tougher since you can wind up with picks like my run of 11s and 2s.

So as you can see my RBs are lottery picks. Tiki is of course the stud. Duckett should carry the ball a lot in Washington if Portis's injury lingers any at all. Since it is a shoulder injury and might be easily re-injured then Duckett can be the man but regardless of Portis, he will see plenty of goal line situations. Laurence Maroney has the potential to be the best rookie this year. Corey Dillon is at the Eddie George part of his career, his yards per carry has dropped and the wear and tear is starting to catch up to him. Maroney can wind up being the starter very early on in the season and if he does then nothing but an injury will prevent him from a great season.

My WRs are lethal. Even if Randy Moss doesn't return to form he will still grab 10 TDs and 1200 yards. If he does return to form then 15-16 TDs and 1400 yards isn't out of the question. Reggie Brown is the #1 in Philly, I mean someone has to have the ball thrown to him and Reggie is the man in a very weak receiving corp. Brian Westbrook is nicked up some so for a short while Brown will be the main target for McNabb.

I don't even have to mention my top WR, Torry Holt is clearly the blue chipper here. He just produces and with an improved offensive attack on board in St. Louis he will put up some monster numbers as well as my QB Bulger. Muhsin Muhammad is the man in Chicago, he will be the bye week player unless they find some kind of offense.

My Ds are above average but not stellar. My Ks are average but again not stellar. Brad Johnson is my back up QB and will get 20 TDs anyway.

So as you can see it was a tough draft. There just was't any more sure thing picks after no one really blew any picks. Sometimes you can count on at least one person falling to you because someone else overlooked him, not this time.

We'll see how the season goes. This team has potential to be at the top of the league or the bottom. I just don't see an average team here. Good or bad not much else.

No comments: