Friday, August 04, 2006

Who Wants To Be A Superhero....

Alright at first I thought this was a bad idea and after I saw the first episode I really thought this was a bad idea. Some of the contestants just kind of took their fantasy to heights that needed some medication and possibly treatment. It reminded me of what it would really be like to have imaginary super powers while being boringly human.

In your mind you envision being able to jump over a house but in real life you are pretty good if you can touch the rim. In your mind you envision being able to stop bullets but in real life you are able to stop the bullets just before they stop you cold. That whole real life thing just gets in the way sometimes.

It just started off badly and for two full episodes it got worse....until the third show.

Here is why I think it might wind up being a good show afterall. They axed the most unpopular person. He was in trouble every step of the way and really showed little heart or desire.

So after he got booted by Stan Lee, Stan The Man decided to pull a twist worthy of comic lore and changed the bad guy into a bad guy and made him his supervillian, The Dark Enforcer.

Now despite my misgivings it seems that this show might pick it up a bit and become pretty interesting!!!! We'll see how it turns out but for now I'm willing to give it a chance.

No comments: