Sunday, May 20, 2007

How Do You LIke Your Steak?

I'm watching one of my favorite channels, The Food Network and they are having a steak cooking challenge.

They are grilling black angus rib eye steaks. I have heard them repeatedly say, "Never overcook your steak", whatever.....

Anyone who knows me and has heard me order a steak before knows I'll tell the waiter or waitress to burn my steak. I like a well done steak. No I LOVE a well done steak. I like the charring. I like the flavor. To me that is what a steak should be. It is what tastes good but I'm probably in the minority.

Not medium well, not rare, not anything in between. Well done is the best tasting grilled steak you can get IHMO.

I can cook them anyway though. I can cook a steak to order and I don't mind saying I'm good at it. Love grilling and this is the grilling season!!!!

I'm probably going to have to get a new grill this season. I've been using the small portable grills but the ones I usually buy last about one season before they burn out. So I'm looking at the Weber Q grill series for something that will last much longer and has a bigger cooking area.

So have a steak cooked the way you want next time you order one, don't let other people influence your decision, they aren't you and only you know how you like your steak!

No comments: