Friday, May 04, 2007

Spiderhhhmmmmmm........

Well it wasn't quite what I was expecting. For example there were THREE musical numbers.....in a Spiderman movie.......not exactly what I or anyone in the theater were expecting to say the least.

The parts I were expecting like the Venom storyline had just a few minutes of screen time in a two hour and twenty minute movie.

There was an extraordinary moment of cinematic beauty though in the creation of The Sandman. It was at the same time beautiful and heartbreaking. It was one of the best screen moments I have seen in recent times.

The pacing of the movie was very odd. When there was action, it was very fast and hard to keep up with. I felt like I was watching a disorientating and unorganized Star Wars starfighter scene. I found myself feeling bored through most of the movie while I enjoyed the first two movies immensely. This one seemed lackluster by comparison to the epic storytelling of the first two in the series.

No comments: