Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Good Thing I Mowed

Anyone who knows me knows I don't really like mowing my yard. I haven't mowed since that big rain storm a couple of weeks ago but I mowed the front yard last night because it was getting out of hand, even for me.

Sunday I mowed the back yard so I usually break it up into a two day process but it is a good thing I did so. I woke up to rain this morning. That would make it just be outrageously out of hand. What a narrow escape that was!

In other news I'm trying a personal fun project and you at home can play along! I have offered to buy everyone lunch on an email list I'm a subscriber of with no strings attached at all. But if they feel the need to do something then I ask that they purchase lunch for two people randomly and as anonymously as possible. The goal? I'm not real sure what the actual goal is for me but quite a few people have taken me up on the offer so far and said they will return the favor.

I guess I want people to know that there is good out there and to cause a little surprise in someone's life. Give them something good to think about and maybe just maybe they might buy someone else lunch and pass it on. It is also a good way to get out of your own head and think about what other people might be going through that might not be as fortunate as you are, then your problems might not matter as much. The main thing that it is a guaranteed way to create a little happiness in your own life.

It isn't selfish to want to be happy. The pursuit of happiness is the third part of the Life and Liberty part of one of our founding documents remember? So do yourself a favor, buy lunch for two people randomly and anonymously as possible and see how you feel afterwards!

No comments: