Saturday, August 27, 2011

Going To Work

Everyone who knows me already knows this but I have taken a part time job at WalMart and today I start with my orientation. The Date doesn't like this as we already spend less time together than we should. I feel the same way however times are tough today.

If we bite the bullet now and make this temporary sacrifice we will be in so much better shape a few short months from now. Not only then but far into the future and when she graduates with her degree then we'll be in tremendously great shape!

The reasons for doing this now are plain enough but there is one more reason that kind of surpasses them all, the security of my family is paramount. Next June our contract is up with the company. I highly doubt there will be a strike, not after last time. NO ONE wants that to happen again and it would take a very very bad contract offer to get me to vote in favor of striking again. I'd almost vote in favor of any contract as long as they don't take away my leave, or wages.

The fact remains though that we should have a safety net for our family and this is the best way to provide that. Our bills are few enough and Monday she and I are going to set down and organize what we owe and how much. I don't think they are as bad as they appear. We have little consumer debt that swamps most people starting out.

We do this now and we are positioning ourselves for a much brighter future but I'm not deceiving myself, this is going to be tough. But out of this we'll be in great shape to find another house, we could easily have a large down payment built up to do so, we'll have money for new furniture, new clothes, and a brighter future. But to get there I have to do this now. Each week though it'll get easier as more is paid off, the real benefit to this part time job is that I'll be paid each week, one week from my main job, once from WalMart. Add to that what The Date brings in and we'll be done with bills and on to building a savings account in no time!

That is what makes me want to do this even more, knowing that no matter what happens in the future we'll be ok and get the tough things we've dealt with the past two years won't be so tough anymore:)

No comments: