Sunday, August 07, 2011

It's Over

The show has closed, where the set once stood is now a bare stage again, and the theatre is back to being a blank slate from which the next show will enter existence.

Monday The Date will begin full week long rehearsals for the season opener. It'll be a great show and I'm positive it'll have big audiences!

I kind of apologize for the sparseness of today's update. I'm not much in the blogging mood, in fact a while back I seriously considered ending the blog. However it is a mental exercise to me anymore. Some people do the crossword puzzle, some the word jumble to keep their minds agile. I write something every day. It's my whetstone and while it is tedious to read at times it keeps the edge of my mind sharper than it would otherwise be.

I'm also a creature of routine. When I was younger I needed change and improvisation, the wine of the young. Now I get up at the same time, shower at the same time, leave the house at the same time, and definitely try to go to bed at the same time. If that doesn't happen it really throws off the next day. Once I could work a full day after a couple of hours sleep. Now I'm drowsy after nine, craving sleep before ten, and sound asleep a few minutes after laying down. Such is life anymore.

There are tremendous moments of happiness and joy and those are usually provided by my lovely wife and The Things. Things would be unbearably boring if they hadn't come into my life. Now while things are genuinely tough on us, we still have each other, shelter, lights, food, and a wonderful theatre family for support. I've still got a good job and we are Americans, blessed to be born in the greatest country ever known to mankind.

No comments: