Monday, August 15, 2011

Pickles Going To Work

Yep, they won't actually be ready for eating until Wednesday but they can finish in the refrigerators at work. I'm only taking a a gallon of pickles with me. The guys at work love pickles and they'll love the spicy ones as well!

Well maybe not, I used some pepper extract that hits about 7.2 million on the Scoville scale. A jalapeno pepper is about 2,500 up to 8,000 Scoville units. I only used a drop and there is also vinegar used so the pickles will be dramatically less than 7.2 million units but it'll light you up for about fifteen minutes. That's when your body breaks down the capsaicin, which gives peppers their heat.

As an example pepper spray itself is about 5.3 million Scoville units and pure capsaicin is 16 million. So these will be very tasty but hot peppers. I estimate they would clock in around 5 million Scoville units due to the cooking and vinegar added.

They'll love them!

No comments: