Friday, August 19, 2011

New Blade Runner

Usually I don't like or enjoy movies that revisit or new buzzword "reimagine" an original piece of art. Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies of all time. I don't like classics like that messed with.

However in this case Ridley Scott is directing a project set in the Blade Runner universe. There is no script yet, there is no idea whether it's a prequel, sequel, or a reboot of the movie. I strongly doubt a director the caliber of Ridley Scott would remake his own movie.

Regardless of the time setting of this movie and anything different than a full on remake and you can count me into that audience for sure. I love this movie, I've written at least one blog on the movie itself and how many times I've seen it.

It's a movie similar to It's A Wonderful Life where it did so so business when it opened (In fairness Blade Runner opened against Star Trek II, John Carpenter's The Thing another scifi classic, and E.T.) but over time it gained the status it deserved in pop culture.

I'm looking forward to see how this project develops and what Ridley Scott has in mind!

No comments: