Wednesday, July 05, 2006

So There I Was....

After work and I was sitting in the drive thru for Taco Mayo when I shut off my engine to order.
I drive a diesel so I usually do that so they can hear me and I can hear them.

I go to start the engine back up and what happens?

Yep you guessed it, NOTHING!

With two cars behind me I am stuck. The manager comes out and asks if I need a jump and I reply in the affirmative.

He pulls his truck around so that my jumper cables reach, I pop the hood and see lots of corrosion on the cables. Well I decide that is probably the problem but I don't have my tool kit I usually travel with for some reason.

So we hook the cables up to one of the batteries and let it charge for a while and still nothing. So now I am sure that since I have had no prior problems with starting that the corrosion is the problem but I am powerless to do anything about it since I and the manager are both without hand tools.

So I call my trusty brother and he brings his tool kit to me and once I remove the cables and clean them it fires right up a good half an hour later.

While I was sitting there counting all of the people who drove by I kept thinking that I was glad that I usually stop to see if someone needs help on the side of the road. Which has lead to a frequent thought that someday I will be murdered in an act of samaritanship.

All in all a brief but overcomeable problem and the topper to a mediocre day at my soulcrushing job.

No comments: