Thursday, October 12, 2006

....And Here I Sit

Watching the little blinking cursor and wondering what to write about today. Well that was easily solved. I mentioned this last Saturday to a friend and let it go, just forgot about it until now, I can't let this go further.

One of the icons of 80's metal and one of the best guitarists of his genre has done the unthinkable. He is now doing Volkswagen commercials. Yeah my friends Slash, star of the former Guns n Roses and now of Velvet Revolver has decided to hock Volkswagens.

Slash was part of the baddest band in the world, they defined rebellion of that time and still have one of the greatest albums EVER recorded. They broke the rules and then rewrote them, caused riots, were arrested many many times, had their stereotypical bouts with substance abuse and then burned out like the brightest stars should.

And now....we come to Volkswagen. My friend, Beersnob told me that everyone needs a paycheck. I'm paraphrasing of course because it went on for a couple of minutes but I'm wounded none the less.

Can you call Slash a sellout? Yeah maybe but does it diminish his incredible body of work and all of the hours of enjoyment I have had listening and watching Slash play?

Not a chance. Slash is still one of the best.

No comments: