Saturday, October 14, 2006

Exorcist Three

This is the overlooked gem of the set I purchased the other day. George C. Scott's performance alone is worth taking a chance on liking this movie.

What is unusual about this movie compared to the others is that it was not supposed to have anything to do with the franchise at all. William Peter Blatty wrote and directed this movie and it should have been Exorcist Two.

I really don't think I'll watch the DVD in the set that is called Exorcist Two. I have seen it and that was plenty. It is just a horrible movie all around. Exorcist Three was based on Blatty's follow up novel called Legion and the focus is on two of the minor characters from the first movie.

As I said before it is Scott's performance that makes this movie work. The story is above average for a sequel and will keep you entertained. As I also said before I am holding off on the two prequels to the original until Beersnob has a chance to watch them with me.

Watch Three, it's a good movie especially for October and scary movie month!!!!

No comments: