Friday, April 06, 2007

The Remaining Two

Shows are tonight!
I'm pretty excited to get back behind the stage after this time off and get it rolling again!

This has been really fun and a good experience. It has also made me wonder why more people aren't involved with the theater. I know that a lot of times they have a hard time getting people to audition for the available shows.

I know I blogged this during the last show I was filming. So then I asked questions about the theater and the audience and now I am proposing a solution.

To get more people to audition first: The theater would be smart if it took a one act play and took it to area schools as a recruiting method for teens to get involved with the Gaslight. Now if they did the shows in the evenings then they could attract adults as well. If they left behind schedules for auditions and such I am sure that interest would surely go up.

The Gaslight should offer acting classes: I know there are several people who are regular actors who have had training and could easily teach. This is a small town and acting classes aren't readily available and the idea of being on stage without being able to have the confidence that an acting class brings with it could be intimidating thus limiting your actor pool. This would grow and nurture your acting pool and that brings with it new people and increases your audience.

Get the word about auditions out sooner: There are a lot of people who don't even know there is a live theater in this town. A season long audition sheet that is posted up around town would be a good thing. The shows are set in advance, why can't the auditions?

These are just a few thoughts from my experience of the last two shows and the problems I've heard about.

Well have a great Friday and a better weekend!!!!

No comments: