Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ever Have One Of Those Guys Around?

Who always said the wrong thing at the wrong time when the wrong people were around?

Well yesterday Bob, if you go back to the post about who my coworkers are he is in there somewhere, said something that embarrassed the entire shop they work in to the wrong people who will spread it all over.

Here is the story. An aircraft was ready to be moved, the senior guy calls it in and then they usually wait for the team to get there to move it. So they call in the aircraft and instead of waiting there they go to the parking lot and look at one of the guy's new truck for a few minutes. Meanwhile the team had arrived to move the aircraft.

They all walk in and then the supervisor asks where everyone had been?

Bob immediately spouts out they had all been in the bathroom!

While the rest of the shop was now trying to hide in shame, the supervisor then adds, "All of you, in the bathroom at the same time, like a bunch of women?"

Now let me be clear, there was no danger of being in any kind of trouble at all here, people frequently go to the parking lot for whatever reason and a new truck would be a good reason.

Now there was no reason to say such a line however ya'll don't know Bob. He says stupid things all the time and LOVES to talk about penis. I kid you not. He isn't out and out gay I guess, he has a wife and kids but if there were say a picture emailed to them that had a naked guy and girl in it, he always compliments the guy and ignores the girl. He has called one of the guys in the shop handsome on occasion and has a daily penis story. He genuinely gets excited at the word and I presume at the thought.

He has a Mickey Mouse high pitched voice and if you hear me do the imitation, which everyone in the shop does their own imitation, and look at me quizzically I'll explain why. Sometimes I have to catch myself in public because they just wouldn't get it, like my Captain Insaneo Laugh.

Bob always has an excuse as to why he can't do something he doesn't want to do and he doesn't want to do much. He has a lot of seniority so he isn't in danger of being laid off so he is just lazy.
No one in the shop likes him but he doesn't see it that way, the dull are always the last to catch on after all. They also call him the "Professor" since he is a know-it-all, for example if I'm talking to someone and ask them a question, Bob is always the one to answer before that person has a chance to.

To me it is quite hilarious since I don't work around him but when the other guys are down in my area they always complain about him and tell me what stupid thing he has done that day.

I'm grateful I'm not in that shop!

No comments: