Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hypertention Blues

Are you kidding me?
I haven't had the flu since sixth grade, rarely have a cold, have a kidney stone about every two years, I blogged the last cold I had in the post "Headcold Blues", and I'm generally happy and always healthy! I haven't been to a doctor in three years! I'm in decent shape, I could stand to lose about ten pounds.

So now I go to the doctor and I have hypertension AKA high blood pressure. How did this happen?!?!?! I guess it is just one of those things but dadgumit I hate being on any kind of medication. Just don't like it.

I'm researching dietary changes but that scares me.
Eating good food is one of life's true pleasures, I'm not a gourmet chef but I'm a good cook and can hold my own. I'm a fan of eating.

Well eating good food is a pleasure, I usually eat bad food though. I can't count how many times I've had M&M's for supper. When I was younger and bulletproof I had them for breakfast along with root beer!

Perhaps that could be a contributing factor. Perhaps I don't exercise enough....or at all anymore.
I guess I really need to investigate my options. I go back into the doctor for a follow up next week. Perhaps it won't be as bad as I anticipate.

A friend of mine swims three times per week. That would probably help with the exercise and the meds could be temporary.

No comments: