Thursday, October 11, 2007

Underachiever

I'm afraid it is true my friends. I'm an underachiever.

After giving things a lot of thought lately and when I measure what I know I'm capable of and what I'm successful at, well there is a gap there to say the least.

I have two friends who have moved off and are pursuing their dreams and enjoying some success at it! I have another talented friend who would enjoy the same success if he ever moved and devoted himself to the same acting dream although it is nice to keep him here since he makes some killer drinks!

I really enjoy my friends when they are here however I'm much happier for them when they fulfill their potential, the same potential that is becoming harder for me to fulfill. It boils down to contentment.

My life isn't perfect but it is pretty darn good. There are people in my neighborhood who don't have it as good as I do. I have friends that I value deeply, a good paying job that allows me the extra cash to pursue films and the making of such, and I've got a decent house to live in and I always have a good meal.

I'm content in many ways. I've got a great creative outlet. I do need a killer idea though that can be shootable with a smallish budget. Pursuit of that is part of the fun though isn't it?

Yeah I admit to being human and as such I do find myself to be lonely from time to time but I do have great friends to lean upon and hang out with!

The underachieving problem, if it can be called that, is one that can be overcome though. It is one that is a challenge and should be seen as fun and not some kind of insurmountable obstacle! So now since I've identified the problem and solution, once again it is all good from here on out!

Here's to hoping your day is twice as good as mine and mine is pretty good:)

No comments: