Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Last Time

I saw this movie I had to have been around eight. I was in my dad's semi with a tiny black and white tv trying to keep the signal going until the movie ended. I didn't see the start of it but it was easy enough to pick up on and get into. Last night thanks to Netflix and The Criterion Collection I was able to watch Robinson Crusoe On Mars in full!

What a great movie! It is pretty much a kid's movie but still it has a lot of appeal to it. It even has a monkey! Now what movie isn't made better with a monkey? Every movie should have a monkey in it!

The story is simple. A probe orbiting Mars with two men and a monkey encounters a problem and they are forced to eject. The struggle for survival begins. It looks amazing since it has been restored by Criterion. The effects can be a bit dated but overall this is about the story and not so much about the way it looks.

Can a man have paradise on Mars? From this movie I'd say yes! Watch this movie, you'll enjoy it!

No comments: