Sunday, January 18, 2009

AFC/NFC Championship Games

Two good games are on tap today. First off I'd like to see the Cardinals and the Steelers play. I wouldn't have a problem with the Cardinals and the Ravens as that would have the best QB storyline.

You would have the veteran Kurt Warner, the feelgood story of the NFL against the rookie Joe Flacco. Both have skillfully guided their teams thus far and are almost willing their teams to win.

The match up I really don't want to see is the Eagles in any match up. I'm just not an Eagles fan. I don't care for them what so ever. I do think that Arizona can beat Philadelphia today at Arizona.

A lot of people believe that Pittsburgh/Philadelphia is the best game for the Super Bowl but eh....I just don't see it. Arizona has been very bad for very long. I have blogged a few times about how bad they are most notably when Edggerin James went there in free agency and I proclaimed he had retired from the NFL.

I had Larry Fitzgerald on my fantasy team this year so I feel a little loyalty that way. I like watching the Steelers play and that would be a great game for the Super Bowl. The Eagles just don't have anyone exciting to watch outside of Westbrook. McNabb is ok but he is just so erratic and tends to collapse in big games. Granted he has no big name receivers to throw to.

So my hope for a good Super Bowl match up is Arizona/Pittsburgh. Big Ben against Kurt Warner!

No comments: