Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Too Cold

For my diesel to start today. I've almost ran down the batteries this morning to get it to start. I've got my battery charger, which was on loan, on its way back to me already. It was plugged in all night but it can still have problems in this kind of cold.

I might need some Power Service for the fuel. I don't think it has gelled up but it might have. It had plenty in the last tank and I only put a few gallons in the other day so it should have had enough in there to prevent gelling.

Once it warms up today it should be fine though. I just need a bit more cranking power to kick it over.

Now for the real problem, I had to close my checking account yesterday and open a new one. I won't get my debit card or checks to access my cash until next week. The bank notified me that their processing center was compromised and I needed to close my account as a precaution.

Yes I have some temporary checks but most places don't take checks anymore and opt for cards or cash, and these are temporary checks on top of that. I've got cash with me but if this is a costly repair which I don't think it will be, then I'm screwed.

I believe that a battery charger and a little Sun and I'm golden.

No comments: